Huntersville Ordinances Advisory Board
Advisory Board Purpose
On December 21, 2015, Huntersville Commissioners approved bylaws establishing a Huntersville Ordinances Advisory Board. This advisory board is established to:
- Review, evaluate and recommend amendments to the Zoning & Subdivision Ordinances to the Town of Huntersville Planning Board (hereinafter “Planning Board”) and the Town of Huntersville Board of Commissioners (hereinafter “Town Board”).
- Review, evaluate and recommend amendments to Town planning processes and procedures to the Planning Board and Town Board.
- Other such related Zoning & Subdivision Ordinance as directed from the Town Board or Planning Board.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities prescribed above, the Advisory Board shall:
- Exercise such additional functions as the Town Board may direct;
- Keep the Town Board and the general public informed and advised as to matters within their duties and responsibilities; and,
- Review the towns Zoning & Subdivision Ordinances and concerns from residents and developers.
Applications were received throughout January and the first appointments to this new committee were made February 15, 2016.