Description of Work: Performs semiskilled work opening, closing and monitoring facility operations; ensuring safety and cleanliness of facilities and equipment, and related work as required. Work is performed under limited supervision and general hours will be within these hours: Friday nights from 5pm – 1am; Saturday and Sunday from 6am – 11pm. Monday – Thursday from 5pm – 10pm. Work may be scheduled depending on Athletic Seasons.
Essential Duties of the Position: The following duties are those considered most essential to the position. This does not preclude the delegation of other duties considered as necessary by management to successfully complete an assignment or project.Opens and closes parks and facilities; unlocks and locks bathroom doors and gates.
- Promotes good relations with citizens using the parks and recreation facilities
- Ensures that facilities and surrounding areas are clean and ready for use
- Ensures that all bathrooms are stocked, sanitary and clean
- Ensures compliance with park/gym rules and regulations, assisting individuals and groups using parks/gyms and ensuring safety and security of parks/gyms and patrons
- Sets up facilities and equipment for use and special events and restores to original set up after use
- Turns facilities lights on and off
- Maintains various attendance information as required
- Assists with field preparation, dragging and lining and temporary fencing setup
- Consults with Facilities and Tournament Supervisor and/or Assistant Athletic Coordinator when any issues arise
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Some knowledge of the tools, materials and equipment used in general maintenance and grounds keeping work; some knowledge of the materials, equipment, tools and techniques of the standard building trades; some knowledge of safety precautions applicable to the duties of the class; some knowledge of the methods used in the preparation of baseball and softball fields; ability to understand and follow instructions; ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
Minimum Required Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED.
To Apply: Applications may be downloaded from above and will be accepted Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm at the Huntersville Parks and Recreation Department Administrative Office at 105 Gilead Rd, 3rd Floor, can be mailed to PO Box 2879, Huntersville, NC 28070 or e-mailed to Steve Roberson, Facility and Tournament Supervisor, at email@example.com